Tour Code: DS 1110
Sadar Bazar, is the largest wholesale market of household items in Delhi, India. Like other major markets of Old Delhi, this market is very crowded and buzzes with activity. Although it is primarily a wholesale market, it also caters to occasional retail buyers. Owing to the sheer volumes that are traded here every day, a visit to the market can be termed sensory overload. In addition to being a market for traders, Sadar Bazaar is a parliamentary constituency, making it a hub for politics.
Meeting point : R.K. Ashram Metro Station (Delhi Metro Map)
Distance : approx. 1.5 kms
Duration : about 2 hours
Days : Monday, Wednesday and Friday
Time : 11.00 am to 1pm. Gets extremely crowded after that
Who can come : All are welcome. Wheelchairs are ok early morning but impossible to negotiate later in the day.
What to wear and carry :
• Walking shoes
• Recommended that you carry some covering for your head, esp. useful when visiting religious sites. Avoid wearing shorts.
• Drinking water
How to get there :
• Metro: get down at ‘R.K. Ashram Metro Station’.
• Bus: Any bus coming to ‘R.K. Ashram Metro Station’ will drop you near meeting point. In case you get dropped off at Delhi Railway Station (or New Delhi Railway Station) take a rickshaw to the meeting point
• Auto/Cab: Get dropped off at Barah Tooti, Sadar Bazaar.
Parking : 2 large parking facilities—one near R.K. Ashram Metro Station and Sadar Thana Road.
Assembling Point : R.K. Ashram Metro Station
- “Where to Stay in Delhi with Family“
- “Is it Safe to Travel to New Delhi”
- “Things to be Careful in Delhi“
- “Best Time to Visit Delhi“